According to the Remodeling.com 2020 Cost vs. Value Report, this is the third year in a row that garage door replacements have held their spot as the second-most-valuable remodeling project. Remodeling.com found that new garage doors are worth 94.5% of their cost at resale.
Modern garage door trends change yearly. Keep style, color and feature enhancements in mind when you choose your new door to maximize its value in the years to come. This guide features some of our favorite 2020 garage door trends.
Garage Door Color Trends
In 2020, homeowners are letting go of their neutral-colored garage doors. Instead of swapping your old door with a neutral one, choose bold colors that pop against your garage. Consider these colors:
- Black: Black doors make a statement and add contrast to your garage in an instant.
- Red: Red doors serve as excellent accents for more neutral garages.
- Blue: Blue garage doors look enchanting against gray and brick homes.
- Brown: Brown garage doors often imitate wood. Their warmth and class catch attention and improve your home’s curb appeal.
- Clopay Color Blast: This feature gives you the option to pick a color from Baer Paints and have it custom primed or painted to match your home design.
Popular Garage Door Styles
When you choose a replacement garage door, you get to choose every detail. Pick the right option for your home while considering what you use that space for, the importance of materials and the effect you want your door to have.
These design details and features are some of the biggest modern garage door trends right now:
- Glass windows: Windows make your garage a bright space for whatever you like to do in there. Whether you work on cars or use part of your garage as a living space, glass windows let the light in. There are a variety of glass styles to choose from, including: clear, frosted, obscure, seeded, rain, narrowed reed faugh, mirrored, tinted, plygal, and acrylic.
- Glass doors: Steel garage door frames with glass panes look modern and serve the same purpose. Some glass doors even utilize insulated glass to maintain an ideal garage temperature year-round.
- Big doors: The size of your vehicles dictates how big your garage door should be. If you store a truck, camper or other large items in your garage, choose tall and wide doors. Keep your large items in your garage to prevent weathering.
- Synthetic materials: Materials like vinyl and fiberglass are cost-effective, durable and customizable.
- Imitation wood: Many homeowners choose doors that look like genuine wood. Wooden garage doors have a warm and traditional feel. Imitation doors made of steel or composite have better insulation and greater water resistance.
- Real Wood: Some homeowners opt for real wooden doors, which we provide completely custom and hand-made.
- Strap hinges and door pulls: Accents decorate your garage door to achieve the effect you want. Place them where they make sense and ensure you have enough. If your garage door is a double, you’ll need two sets.
Replace Your Garage Door
When it’s time to spruce up your home with a new garage door, call the best professionals in Middle Tennessee. EXL Garage Doors has over two decades of experience replacing and repairing garage doors.
We have a showroom where you can decide on the perfect Clopay® garage door style for you. Our team’s expertise means we can “trick out” your replacement garage doors, too. Let us know if you want to hear more about our many options.
If you’re ready to replace your old door with one of the most popular garage door styles of 2020, give us a call at (615) 863-5106 or stop by the showroom today!